[collectd] Output Plugins Stop Reporting

Clint Miller clint at rtcreativegroup.com
Thu Jan 14 23:55:36 CET 2016

Rich,

Did you ever work out this issue? I’m running into something similar. I’m not using the http output plugin, but I’m using the network output plugin. Very similar behavior to what you described.

When I tried to strace the collectd process behaving like this, I also saw the nanosleep syscalls. I relaunched collectd under strace (strace -fq /etc/init.d/collectd > /srv/collectd.strace 2>&1). So far, it hasn’t stopped sending output. We’ll see.

Thanks,

Clint Miller

--
Richard Guest - GeoNet Senior Software Engineer
GNS Science - Te Pu Ao

http://www.gns.cri.nz/who/staff/2658.html

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.