[collectd] collectd postgresql writing and metrics aggregation

Eugene Prokopiev enp at itx.ru
Mon Feb 15 14:34:00 CET 2016

Hi,

I tried to use postgresql pluging for writing metrics:

<Plugin postgresql>
  <Writer sqlstore>
    Statement "SELECT collectd_insert($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9);"
  </Writer>
  <Database eye>
    Host "127.0.0.1"
    Port "5432"
    User "eye"
    Password ""
    Writer sqlstore
  </Database>
</Plugin>

All works fine before using aggregation:

<Plugin "aggregation">
  <Aggregation>
    Plugin "cpu"
    Type "cpu"
    GroupBy "Host"
    GroupBy "TypeInstance"
    CalculateAverage true
  </Aggregation>
</Plugin>

<Chain "PostCache">
  <Rule>
    <Match regex>
      Plugin "^cpu$"
      PluginInstance "^[0-9]+$"
    </Match>
    <Target write>
      Plugin "aggregation"
    </Target>
    Target stop
  </Rule>
  <Target write>
    Plugin "rrdtool"
    Plugin "postgresql"
  </Target>
</Chain>

With this configuration I see new data in rrd, but can't see it in
postgresql and can't see even TCP packets on postgresql port. I tried
to use 'Plugin "sqlstore"' instead of 'Plugin "postgresql"' in <Target
write> but result was the same and even no errors with:

<Plugin "syslog">
  LogLevel "debug"
  NotifyLevel "OKAY"
</Plugin>