[collectd] Configure reporting interval on network plugin

Joel Serrano joel at gogii.net
Thu Feb 11 21:09:38 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

We are using collectd to monitor servers and send the metrics via network
protocol to a remote InfluxDB database.

In version 5.4, it would report the metrics right away, in version 5.5,
apparently collectd gathers the metrics and sends them all together after X
interval (2-3 minutes).

Is there a setting so that metrics are reported for example every 10
seconds? (we need real-time statistics)

I have been trying several ways with the Interval setting as follows:

Try 1:

Interval 10
LoadPlugin network
<Plugin network>

Try 2:

<LoadPlugin network>
     Interval 10
</LoadPlugin>
<Plugin network>

Try 3:

LoadPlugin network
<Plugin network>
    <Server "XXX">
        Interval 10
    </Server>
</Plugin>

But non of them make any change. The metrics are being gathered every 10
seconds, so we don't lose data, the problem is it is reported every 2-4
minutes...

Also, I found this post from 2014 with no answer:
http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2014-June/006202.html

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,