[collectd] problem with importing collectd python module

Pawel Akonom pawel.akonom at vnomic.com
Mon Feb 8 16:38:48 CET 2016

Hi,

Thank you Nils for solving the collectd python plugin configuration problem. After I changed path to the python script with the path to the directory, where python script is placed, I was able to run it and I am sending mongodb metrics. The problem is solved.

Thank you Nathan for explanation how does collectd module is imported in python. I know is possible to write python module as a c code but I didn't suppose it can be included in the collectd python plugin itself. It is very sophisticated solution. The advantage of keeping pythons modules as a .so shared library is speed - it will run much faster than python script. As mongodb python script is finally working I don't need to test is from python prompt but maybe it would be possible to load it somehow using python ctypes https://docs.python.org/2/library/ctypes.html

Thanks for great support,
Pawel Akonom