[collectd] Problem using the write_sensu plugin

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at azariah.com
Thu Feb 4 01:27:33 CET 2016

My plugin config file is at the bottom. Collectd 5.5.1

Nothing I can do seems to activate the plugin. I constantly see this in the
logs:

Feb  3 23:59:02 member-0-ubuntu-1404 collectd[24206]: Filter subsystem: Built-
in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status 2
(ENOENT). Most likely this means you didn't load any write plugins.
Feb  3 23:59:02 member-0-ubuntu-1404 collectd[24206]: Available write targets:
[none]

The odd thing, when collectd starts, I see this (I've removed all logging
plugins so it will spit to stdout, and I run it with -f):

Initialization complete, entering read-loop.
plugin_dispatch_values: No write callback has been registered. Please load at
least one output plugin, if you want the collected data to be stored.
Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write
plugins failed with status 2 (ENOENT). Most likely this means you didn't load
any write plugins.

I know there are WARNING and ERROR logging calls in the write_sensu.c. If it
was hitting some error that prevented initialization, it should be spitting
out messages.

I see the write_sensu.so file opened during the run when I strace collectd, so
I know its finding it. Sensu is running on the host, and I can connect to it
(verified via 'telnet 127.0.0.1 3030')

Any tips as to what else I should look at would be great! Thanks!

Config file:
LoadPlugin "write_sensu"
<Plugin "write_sensu">
  <Node "member-0-ubuntu-1404">
    Host "127.0.0.1"
    Port "3030"
    EventServicePrefix "collectd/"
    Separator "/"
    StoreRates true
    AlwaysAppendDS false
    Metrics false
    Notifications true
    NotificationHandler "pagerduty"
    NotificationHandler "irc"
  </Node>
  Attribute "production" "true"
  Tag "cassandra"
</Plugin>
--
Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
joshua at azariah.com - Jabber: pedahzur at gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A