[collectd] 5.7.0: issue with internal stats

Robert Cross bluebobx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:46:10 CET 2016

I've got the internal stats switched on for CollectD and just migrated from
5.6.2 to 5.7.0 this morning. When I did a quick health check the systemd
status was reporting:

Dec 20 11:41:08 abox.acme.com collectd[40751]: plugin_value_list_clone:
Unable to determine interval from context for value list "
abox.acme.com/collectd-write_queue/queue_length". This indicates a broken
plugin. Please report this problem to the collectd mailing list or at <
http://collectd.org/bugs/>.
Dec 20 11:41:08 abox.acme.com collectd[40751]: plugin_value_list_clone:
Unable to determine interval from context for value list "
abox.acme.com/collectd-write_queue/derive-dropped". This indicates a broken
plugin. Please report this problem to the collectd mailing list or at <
http://collectd.org/bugs/>.
Dec 20 11:41:08 abox.acme.com collectd[40751]: plugin_value_list_clone:
Unable to determine interval from context for value list "
abox.acme.com/collectd-cache/cache_size". This indicates a broken plugin.
Please report this problem to the collectd mailing list or at <
http://collectd.org/bugs/>.

Strange thing is though that I'm seeing non-zero Queue Length and Cache
Size metrics being streamed.

Should I report this as a bug, or has someone already seen this?

Regards, Bob Cross.