[collectd] collectd inside a container monitoring the host

Maurizio Vitale mrz.vtl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:09:42 CEST 2016

Hi all,
  is there an easy way for running collectd inside a docker container while
still monitoring the host?
For a number of plugin of interest to me it is only a matter of mounting
/proc to /host_proc inside the container and then use that. Other plugins
might be trickier.
But even for the simple ones, one might have to change the source code.

Has anybody done this successfully?

[the reason for this, rather than running collectd as a normal process on
every host, is that I need to have it running in kubernetes and having
non-contenairazed processes is not nice]

Thanks.

Maurizio