[collectd] Data aggregation for capacity managment/planning

Olivier Arsac oliv at arsac.org
Tue Sep 29 10:31:57 CEST 2015

Hi there.
I'm new to colectd and I'm trying to fit it to the specific needs of my
organization.
- I need to keep CPU,RAM,I/O sampling frequency high enough to be
representative (10s looks OK)
- But I want to gather data to a central server as mean/MAD on a per
hour basis. (Given the high number of servers to monitor and network
layout, I would like to keep the traffic as low as possible)
I've read (most of) the available documentation but found no way to do that.
Could you point me in the right direction?
(I'm willing to code new plugins if need be)
Thank you.

     Olivier