[collectd] How to send collected data via collectd?

BYEONG-GI KIM bgkim at bluedigm.com
Thu Oct 29 02:58:06 CET 2015

Thank you very much for the information!

By the way, I have another question while developing script(s) which will
be binding with Python Plugin.

I probably will try to create a two script, one is a write script as I
previously mentioned, i.e., sending the collected information to an
application, and another is a read script which gathers a process's memory
usage. Of course, I'll make both of these using Python.

I wonder whether both write and read scripts could connect to the Python
Plugin or not.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

KIM

> Hello,
>
> Have a look on
> * https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Table_of_Plugins
> -> check the 2nd column and filter on "write"
>
> * https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Plugins
> -> check the Write* plugins (not exhaustive)
>
> But do you really want to reinvent the wheel ?
> Maybe you could store your data into a database (graphite, tsdb...) and
> the query the database to get the metrics you need in the standardized
> format you need.
>
> Regards,
> Yves
>

> Le 2015-10-26 12:47, BYEONG-GI KIM a écrit :
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm a new who has been starting to use collectd.
>>
>> I'd like to make an application, format converter, which store the
>> collected data from collectd (it should be plain text file and I think the
>> csv plugin works for that) and convert the text format into a pre-defined
>> and standardized format what I define.
>>
>> In order to develop the application, a plugin which send the collected
>> data
>> from collectd is needed. Is there already such kind of plugin?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> KIM

(주)비디 클라우드사업부 와이즈본부 클라우드기술팀 선임