[collectd] cpu plugin on macosx

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sat May 30 19:21:54 CEST 2015

Hi Robert,

thank you very much for your fix, I've committed it to the
"collectd-5.5" branch (commit e0683047a42e217c352c2419532b8e029f9f3f0a).

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 05:47:21PM -0400, Robert Viduya wrote:
> The code in cpu.c is incorrectly expecting the processor_info system
> call to return the wrong number of states (COLLECTD_CPU_STATE_MAX vs
> CPU_STATE_MAX).  It’s also expecting the indexes into the array to
> match it’s internal indexes (COLLECTD_CPU_STATE_USER vs
> CPU_STATE_USER, COLLECTD_CPU_STATE_NICE vs CPU_STATE_NICE, etc.).

I believe that this problem got introduced when trying to avoid name
clashes with Mac OS X defines.

> I’ve made the following changes to make it work on osx, but I’m not
> sure if this breaks it on any other platform:

That should be fine, it's only touching Mac OS X specific code.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org