[collectd] python plugin.

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 10 21:40:37 CET 2015

Excerpts from Dan Dong's message of 2015-03-10 16:19:06 +0100:
> Hi, All,
>   Could anyone hint me how to install the python plugin of collectd? I
> downloaded the collectd-5.4.2.tar.gz but after:
> $./configure --prefix=/opt/collectd --enable-python
> $sudo make all install
>
> Where can I find the python plugin? Is it supposed to be under:
> /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/plugins/python/ ?
>
> But nothing there under /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/plugins/

You should be looking for /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/python.so.

After running ./configure, a summary is printed out which should tell
you which plugins won't be built and why not.

Maybe the configure script can't figure out where python is located on
your system ? Try adding --with-python=/path/to/python to ./configure in
this case.

Cheers,
Marc