[collectd] Collectd and data encryption

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Mon Mar 9 08:34:29 CET 2015

Hi Melkor,

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 03:53:32PM +0100, Melkor Lord wrote:
> This time however I think this is a legitimate question :-) Riemann
> supports SSL but there's nothing mentioned in the plugin doc -
> https://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#plugin_write_riemann
> - that would lead to believe we can use it. There's no SSL/TLS option. Is
> this planned at some time?

I agree, if Riemann supports TLS connections, collectd should support
this as well. My guess is that this is a feature that was added to
Riemann after the write_riemann plugin was written.

Can you please file a bug at https://collectd.org/bugs/ (Github)?
Thanks!

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org