[collectd] Processes plugin help

Venkat Ramana venkatarap at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:51:30 CEST 2015

Am using "processes" plugin of collectd ,with graphite and grafana, to
monitor CPU usage of individual processes running on our system. It is
returning CPU time (sys,user) in big number, it include all CPU cores usage?

unit of the number emitted(seconds or microseconds).?. As per my
understanding its in jiffies. How Can i convert it to CPU Usage in
percentage?. Am using below below graphite query in grafana now.

alias(collectd.*.processes.*.ps_cputime.syst, 'system')

Please help in converting cpu time to cpu usage in percentage. Our system
is running on CentOS 6.6 OS.

Thanks in advance.