[collectd] Problem configuring multiple KVM hosts with plugin libvirt

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Fri Jul 3 15:44:39 CEST 2015

Excerpts from Martin Chamambo's message of 2015-07-03 06:16:58 +0000:
> I am having issues with configuring multiple KVM hosts to be monitored
> by the virt plugin on collectd. I have tried the following configs
> below
>
> NB: if I configure just one connection URL of just one server ,im able
> to see traffic for the different VMs but when I add more servers ,then
> the last connection URL  will work

Yes, I don't think the virt plugin is able to gather data from more than
one libvirtd instance.

A typical usage pattern which would get you out of this situation, is to
run the collectd agent on each hypervisor, and have them all ship their
metrics to a central server for archiving & graphing.

Hope that helps !
Marc