[collectd] memory leak

Kevin Burton burton at spinn3r.com
Wed Jan 28 20:02:40 CET 2015

What version.  ? Try the latest 2.4 version.  2.1 suffers from a pretty
severe memory leak in Debian.  Honestly it’s so bad that I think the
packages should be removed from Debian and maybe collectd should issue an
advisory on their site.

800MB is very common.  We had to build packages from scratch from debian to
fix this issue.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <
dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> it seems collectd is suffering from a memory leak as on some of my
> systems the process has ballooned to 800+MB.
> I found a reference to a write_graphite leak here:
> https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/359
>
> Has this been resolved in a release? What is the recommended way to get
> around this issue?
>
> Regards,
>   Dennis

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com