[collectd] perl plugin TYPE_CONFIG examples?

Andreas Schuldei andreas at schuldei.org
Tue Jan 6 13:22:33 CET 2015

Hi,

I am in the process of writing a perl plugin and am curious about the
interaction with the collectd config file, and how the data gets to my
plugin.

Furthermore I wonder how multiple plugin instances are handled.

This specific plugin I am writing is supposed to run several instances in
parallel (or sequential, i dont care, it will be quick). I envision the
config file to have several subsections for each plugin instance, like this:

        <Plugin perl>
           IncludeDir "/path/to/perl/plugins"
           BaseName "Collectd::Plugins"
           EnableDebugger ""
           LoadPlugin "FooBar"

           <Plugin FooBar>
             Foo "Bar"
           </Plugin>

           <Plugin FooBar>
             Foo "Bab"
           </Plugin>

         </Plugin>

Each subsection of the configuration of my plugin should cause one FooBar
plugin to be invoked with the specific Foo value going to their own
instance each.

Does this actually work like this?