[collectd] bind plugin failing

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Mon Sep 29 11:38:52 CEST 2014

Excerpts from Chip Marshall's message of 2014-09-26 20:26:00 +0200:
> I'm having some trouble with the bind plugin, and I could use
> some guidance in tracking down what the problem is. At the
> moment, I'm just getting "read-function of plugin `bind' failed."
> in the log, followed by various "Will suspend it for" times.
> [...]
> I'm using collectd 5.4.1 on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE with BIND 9.10.1.

I believe your issue is adressed by this patch:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/742

It will be part of collectd 5.5, but can probably easily be applied to
the 5.4 branch if you'd like to benefit from it immediatly.

Cheers,
Marc