[collectd] Writing to a set of Graphite relays

Justin Lloyd jllwyd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:48:24 CET 2014

Yes, if a relay becomes unavailable, metrics from certain hosts would get
lost until the relay was restored. It's not ideal but it's an improvement
over our current architecture. This is in AWS and I'm using Salt for
configuration management, so ideally I'd be able to spin up a replacement
relay pretty quickly in the event of a complete relay failure.

I am still considering a possible way to use a load balancer (ELB since
this is in AWS) but, as I mentioned, I have other considerations that may
limit my ability to do that.