[collectd] Writing to a set of Graphite relays

Justin Lloyd jllwyd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:33:20 CET 2014

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to have Collectd be able to send to a set of Graphite
relays. Basically right now I have a three-layered Graphite setup, with a
layer of four relays (for load distribution and server redundancy) sending
to a layer of four aggregators that send to a set of carbon-cache processes
on the cache server. I need my Collectd agents to be able to send to any of
the four relays but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. I was hoping
the filtering
<http://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#filter_configuration>
capability
would help but I don't see a way to specify a relay-specific write_graphite
plugin per rule.

Any suggestions? I did come across backstop
<https://github.com/obfuscurity/backstop> but I didn't want to introduce a
Rack app into the mix.

Thanks,
Justin