[collectd] curl Plugin holds connections open

Mark Juric gajillion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:19:17 CET 2014

Hello all,
I have an issue with the curl plugin. I'm collecting at 60 second intervals
from a web page on localhost, and it appears the connection is being held
open in between queries. For most situations this is okay, but I have a
large application installation that runs a "reaper" process to kill stuck
Apache threads. If I'm connected to a stuck thread that gets reaped, my
connection remains open and all future collections fail. The only solution
is to completely restart collectd.

Is this a configurable option? The overhead of a new server connection
every 60 seconds is negligible in my application, but the implications of
losing data collection even though the demon continues to run are troubling.

Mark