[collectd] key value in config does not support slash or back slash

Zhihua Wen wenzhihua at gmail.com
Thu May 1 20:14:58 CEST 2014

Hi, I am writing a new plugin for collectd, in my config, I want to add
some predefined common labels like the following, however, it seems the
config parser for collectd does not support back slash. I also tried to
quote the key value but the parser doesn't like quote either, is it
required for oconfig_item_t.key to contain only letter and digit? Is there
a workaround to this problem? thanks a lot.

<Plugin "write_monarch">
  <Label>
    www.example.com/location "us-central1-a"
    www.example.com/resource_id "123456789"
    www.example.com/resource_type "instance"
  </Label>
</Plugin>

Parse error in file `/opt/collectd/etc/collectd.conf', line 9 near `/':
syntax error, unexpected SLASH
yyparse returned error #1
configfile: Cannot read file `/opt/collectd/etc/collectd.conf'.
Unable to read config file /opt/collectd/etc/collectd.conf.
Error: Reading the config file failed!
Read the syslog for details.
..