[collectd] Forecasting feature

Pavel Tretyakov massapash at ya.ru
Thu Mar 6 19:50:54 CET 2014

Good day!
--
I'm a ukrainian student (master's degree) and system administrator.  I'm
interested in C/C++ network development and in statistics and forecasting. I
work at the same place where I study and I use collectd to monitor servers. I
would like to know is there a possibility to use forecasting on demand and write
result as usual (rrd or csv). I thought about using plugin system to add this
feature (using C to call R methods or using exec plugin to interact with
forecasting utility).
I'm going to participate collectd project. Please tell me: is there any
possibility to make such feature and will this feature be needful?

p.s. Forecasting model is based on time series (e.g. use several previous
measurements to predict)
--
Best regards, Pash.