[collectd] ldap plugin for collectd ?

Kimo Rosenbaum kimor79 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 17:49:48 CEST 2014

Here is the doc: https://github.com/kimor79/collectd/blob/kimor79/openldap/src/collectd.conf.pod#plugin-openldap

What errors do you get (if any)?

It's been a very long while since I've had to work with LDAP so I'm a bit rusty. Something to try is to workout the URL and query using the ldapsearch command line first. Looking at the plugin code, it only does an anonymous bind and here is what it tries to retrieve:

base: cn=Monitor
scope: subtree
filter: (!(cn=* *))
attrs: monitorCounter, monitorOpCompleted, monitorOpInitiated

I do remember that my first iteration was just an exec plugin shell script which did the ldapsearch and then a bunch of awk/sed/grep commands. That might be something to look into if you don't get the C plugin working.

Thanks
Kimo