[collectd] collectd & write_graphite & mikrotik

Rolf Bartels rolfbartels at outlook.com
Wed Jul 16 12:04:10 CEST 2014

Hey All,
 I am hoping someone can help me, I am using collectd and the snmp plugin to pull stats from my mikrotik highs sites, unfortunately the users who connect to the high-site mikrotik registers them as <pppoe-username>
When collectd pulls the index name I think because the name returns like <pppoe-username> when it post the details to graphite the instance because of the <> it's posting as a blank. How can I get collectd to remove the <> in the instance name before it posts to graphite, alternatively maybe someone could recode the write_graphite plugin to accept an option like
ReplaceChar ( "tihs, "with tihs")

Thanks In advance.