[collectd] v5upgrade target causing high IO wait, no RRD updates

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Tue Apr 8 09:56:45 CEST 2014

Hi Andrew,

So I've used omnibus to build a package containing rrdtool 1.4.7 and collectd 5.4.1, and it all works fairly nicely with rrdcached if I don't employ the v5upgrade target. I am seeing a lot of rrdcached errors due to it being unable to update RRD files that were created with times in the far distant future and that kind of thing, however.

Are you using the v5upgrade target? Or you have no v4 clients, or it's ok to live with the old metric naming schema for df, mysql etc?

Jesse