[collectd] network-plugin: Restart required?

Jan Lühr ff at jluehr.de
Fri Apr 4 20:07:49 CEST 2014

Hello folks,

I've recently observed some situation in which data was not sent to a
host using the network plugin.

All / many of these situations have had in common, that
- the server was unreachable for some days (maybe: Since the moment
collectd was started initially)
- The server is running IPv6
- In many (all situations?) IPv6 was not routable for a certain period
(hours, days)
- The transfer was restored after restarting collectd on the client side.

The server is running collectd 5.1.0 (Debian) while the clients
(OpenWRT) are running different versions (4.10.7.2 and  4.10.8.2).

How can I make sure, that the data transfer is taking place directly
after the connectivity has recovered?

Thanks
Jan