[collectd] Averaging Samples when SigRok provides higher resolution

Bert Vermeulen bert at biot.com
Fri Sep 27 01:02:04 CEST 2013

On 09/26/2013 03:45 PM, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> On 25 September 2013 15:51, Bert Vermeulen <bert at biot.com> wrote:
>> - The fact that you need to set MinimumInterval to 1 second because that's
>> as low as RRD goes, and that this is not good enough, just shows that RRD is
>> not the right tool for this particular job.
>
> Indeed - its hard to disagree with that - but I'm not aware of any other tool
> that will do what RRD does as well as it does it ... or anything better ...
>
> is there anything you know of that could act as a stand in replacement?

I was under the impression that graphite did this, and it's fast turning
into the new default tool for this sort of thing. However on closer
examination it also seems to be limited to 1 second intervals. That's what
you get for assuming...

So since I can't really suggest anything better, and given Florian's
interesting use case of max temperature logging in combination with that
consolidation idea... I'm changing my mind about this.

Your consolidation patch looks great, and works for me. Florian, I'd
recommend merging it.

Thanks, Kieran!

--
Bert Vermeulen        bert at biot.com          email/xmpp