[collectd] Problem configuring multiple KVM hosts with plugin libvirt

Emile Zweep emile.zweep at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 21:21:16 CEST 2013

Hello *,

For collecting stats of KVM virtual machines I use the libvirt plugin.
This works correctly for 1 machine. See the configuration below.

When enabling a second KVM host only the VM's of this host are updated.

I placed the two connections in one Plugin section. No success...

How can I configure a second (or more) KVM host in the /etc/collectd.conf?

<Plugin libvirt>
       Connection "qemu+ssh://root@kvm01/system"
       RefreshInterval 60
#       Domain "name"
#       BlockDevice "name:device"
#       InterfaceDevice "name:device"
#       IgnoreSelected false
#       HostnameFormat name
#       InterfaceFormat name
</Plugin>

#<Plugin libvirt>
#       Connection "qemu+ssh://root@kvm02/system"
#       RefreshInterval 60
#       Domain "name"
#       BlockDevice "name:device"
#       InterfaceDevice "name:device"
#       IgnoreSelected false
#       HostnameFormat name
#       InterfaceFormat name
#</Plugin>

I use collectd-5.4.0 compiled from source on Centos 6.4

Regards,
Emile