[collectd] Java plugin - Cannot find the API class "org.collectd.api.Collectd"

Franklin, Dave Dave.Franklin at arrisi.com
Thu Oct 31 14:56:25 CET 2013

A few things I can think of off the top of my head:

It would be interesting to see what the log output is with DEBUG cranked up - it should show all the JVM args passed in before the JVM is created.
Also I see you’re logged in as root - is collectd running with sufficient permissions?
Can you confirm the class is actually in the jar file: jar tf /usr/share/collectd/java/collectd-api.jar

=D

Dave Franklin
Principal Software Engineer
Arris Group, Inc. - T1-9