[collectd] Help while crosscompiling, with java plugin

Daniel Hilst Selli danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:55:46 CET 2013

Hi, I'm having problems while trying to cross compile collectd with java
plugin to ARM.

The first one is the jdk. Since java plugin is linked to libjvm.so, I
need an ARM libjvm.so, this is found on ejre from oracle, no problem so
far.. The problem is that I need JAR, JAVAC etc.. and this ones come
only from JDK, which I can't find for ARM,

I do this dirty trick, do pass compilation, but I don't know if is safe..
1. Get the JDK for x86_64
2. Get the JRE for ARM
3. Remove all contents on JDK/jre/*
4. Copy contents from JRE to JDK/jre/

This pass the configure stage..

The second problem is this error message:
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
cc1: error: include location "/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0" is unsafe for
cross-compilation
cc1: error: include location "/usr/include/libpng16" is unsafe for
cross-compilation
cc1: error: include location "/usr/include/glib-2.0" is unsafe for
cross-compilation

I ran this configure line with this environments
export TOOL_CHAIN=/opt/arm-2009q1
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
export CC=${TOOL_CHAIN}/bin/${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc
export CXX=${TOOL_CHAIN}/bin/${CROSS_COMPILE}g++
export JAVA_HOME="/home/geckos/java6"
export CFLAGS="--sysroot=${TOOL_CHAIN}/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/"

./configure --host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --target=$CROSS_COMPILE
--with-fp-layout=nothing --enable-java --enable-debug --disable-python

Any idea?

Thanks in advance, and best regards!