[collectd] 5.4 tcp write_graphite gets stuck in closed_wait

bill bilsch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 16:31:00 CEST 2013

one option to reduce data loss on udp is to ensure you get multiple samples per time slice. sure you may get an average from 2 instead of 3 but it won't be a gap/loss

I've been using multicast udp ( not to graphite ) and have taken this approach. so far it has been working pretty well. we are recording approx 90k metrics and have not noticed much in the way of gaps

Bill Schwanitz

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein.