[collectd] Patch for collecting global average CPU on linux boxes.

Toni Moreno toni.moreno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 09:30:02 CET 2013

Hi Otis.

I think this approach is much better in very big servers ( I usually work
in servers with up to 40 cores ) and is easier to parse a single line on
/proc/stats than calculate 40* 8 ( metrics/core) averages values.

It also makes to have simpler config files ( avoiding average plugin).

I will do a pull request in next days on this week.

Thanks a lot !!