[collectd] Bundling plugins (e.g. Plugin:Redis)

Andrés J. Díaz ajdiaz at connectical.com
Tue Nov 12 12:41:33 CET 2013

Hi Otis,

The main problem with the redis problem, as they said, is the dependency
with credis library. When I create the first version of redis plugin, redis
was not too popular like today is, and there were no a lot of libraries to
choose.

I submit a couple of PR to switch the credis dependency to libhiredis one,
which is available in a lot of linux distributions (debian, ubuntu,
centos...). I hope that octo can merge the PR into the master branch.

The PR for use libhiredis is here:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/464
And a bonus in my fork (branch hiredis):
https://github.com/ajdiaz/collectd/tree/hiredis
you have a fully functional version of collectd 5.4 with libhiredis
(including also a custom query feature).

Br,
  Andrés