[collectd] collectd.conf is overwritten every few hours

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Wed May 29 17:04:25 CEST 2013

Hi Florian,

I will, but for now I am waiting to confirm the
cause(collectd)->effect(memleak)->remedy(periodic restarts of collectd)
hypothesis, because these restarts have been deployed to some servers just
recently and we are talking at least a month to develop significant
deviation on the memory graphs. Also, on some of these there is also some
other software which could be the cause of memleaks (ruby apps:), but on
some graphs you can note the straight memory usage level since periodic
collectd restarts were introduced.

Ganglia excerpt here:
http://source.a2o.si/tmp/collectd-mem-hypothesis.png

b.