[collectd] Linux Proces Monitoring With Collectd & Graphite

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Fri May 10 10:39:23 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 02:02:08PM +0530, amit shah wrote:
> 1. So to collect statistics for different processes I would have to
> include multiple <Plugin processes> in the conf file?

No, you can repeat the "Process" and "ProcessMatch" options in the
block, e.g.:

  <Plugin "processes">
    Process "foo"
    Process "bar"
    ProcessMatch "qux.* --interesting=true"
  </Plugin>

> 2. The processes plugin captures cpu usage along with other
> statistics. How do I gather memory statistics for specific processes?

For "selected" processes (i.e. those matching Process{,Match}) it
collects the Resident Segment Size, which is approximately the physical
memory used by the process. Virtual memory size is currently not
submitted, I think.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org