[collectd] [5.1] Multiple mysql instances?

Jacek Osiecki vjosh at silvercube.pl
Mon Mar 18 14:28:57 CET 2013

> Hi Jacek,
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 09:37:22AM +0100, Jacek Osiecki wrote:
>> LoadPlugin mysql
>> <Plugin mysql>
>> 	<Database "sqlone">
>> 		User "backup"
>> 		Password "xxxx"
>> 		Host "192.168.0.21"
>> 		Database "mysql"
>> 	</Database>
>> </Plugin>
>> I tried many combinations: using "Host" in first database and "Socket" in second one, using
>> different users - nothing helped. Always only the first database is handled.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong, or is collectd simply unable to handle two (or more) mysql servers?
>
> I think the 'Database' directive *in* the block overrides the name in the 'Database'
> *definition*. This means that in your example, `sqlone` and `sqltwo` are
> both being overridden by `mysql`, thus yielding the error message. I
> remember banging my head on a hard surface too when trying to achieve the
> same goal.

Unfortunately, that didn't help.
Collectd still is monitoring only one mysql instance, the only difference is that now in syslog I can see:

Mar 18 13:53:32 delta collectd[15436]: mysql plugin: Successfully connected to database <none> at server 192.168.0.21 via TCP/IP (server version: 5.5.27-log, protocol version: 10)

Any other ideas?
I can't believe that there is no possibility to monitor more than one mysql per server...

Greetings,
--
Jacek Osiecki