[collectd] rrdcached+collectd

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Wed Mar 6 08:53:16 CET 2013

Hi Yves,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:45:33AM +0100, Yves Mettier wrote:
> @octo : Has this been taken into account in the new and already
> closed #262 ?

yes, but only for files created asynchronously. In the current
(synchronous) case, the idea is that the file is there, so we might as
well update it.

> Le 2013-03-05 06:14, Benjamin Wang (gendwang) a écrit :
> >This should be a code fault. When rrdcached plugin is started,
> >rrdcached plugin will create the rrd files with the current value.

The file is created, but doesn't contain any value(s) yet. The "last
update" timestamp is set to one second before the timestamp of the
value, so that the immediately following update succeeds.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org