[collectd] network plugin syslog spew

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 00:24:55 CEST 2013

Hi

our server is running 4.10.1-1+squeeze1~bpo50+1 on debian lenny and
recently we have started seeing gazillions of log messages from this
code in network.c:

  if (se->data.server.userdb == NULL)
  {
    c_complain (LOG_NOTICE, &complain_no_users,
        "network plugin: Received signed network packet but can't verify it "
        "because no user DB has been configured. Will accept it.");
    return (0);
  }

Could someone more familiar with the code explain what would trigger this?
The clients are a mix of various 4.x versions, none are 5.x.

Kind regards
Vince