[collectd] Issue with collectd server on Ubuntu 12.04. LTS

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Thu Jul 25 17:00:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

1/ check the permissions of your /var/lib/collectd/rrd (and
/var/lib/collectd)
2/ collectd sends data with UDP protocol. So tcpdump...

3/ enable the unix socket on your collectd (for example
/var/run/collectd/collectd-unixsock)
echo "listval" | socat - /var/run/collectd/collectd-unixsock
Empty on the agent ? -> find out why the agent does not collectd...
No data from the agent on the server ? -> find out why the server does
not get the data from the agent
everything OK on the socket ? -> find out why you cannot write on the
disk (rrdtool/rrdcached problem ?)

apt-get install socat (if not installed yet)

Regards,
Yves

- Homepage       - http://ymettier.free.fr                             -
- GPG key        - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                     -