[collectd] Collecd ping syslog

DeCamps, Miguel mdecamps at mcgrawcom.net
Wed Jul 24 14:28:55 CEST 2013

Thank you Marc that actually helps!! I'm strictly using Collectd as an agent with a cloud configuration controller to leverage the ARM micro architecture boards (cubieboards, globalscale mirabox) as remote sensors that can give IPSLA like functionality out of the gates. I am using Check_mk from OMD along with its log agent / analyzer component to generate alerts in a CMS. When the remote sensors are either unreachable or a certain log message is seen in its local syslog that is pulled into OMD I can generate notifications for those particular assets and the remote or local devices they target.

Sincerely,

Miguel DeCamps
Data Engineer
Tel: 212.849.2340 | Cell: 917.596.2636 | 24hr Support 888.543.2000
www.mcgrawcom.net

Take a loot at our e-brochure: http://www.mcgrawcom.net/ebrochure

Check out our e-brochure to see how we are redefining Hosted VoIP with InPacket, McGraw’s Unified Communications Platform! http://www.mcgrawcom.net/inpacket/demo/

This email and the attached documents are provided by McGraw Communications solely for your review.  This email and the attached documents are confidential and are the property of McGraw Communications.  This email is not to be forwarded, copied or otherwise disseminated without the express written consent of McGraw Communications.

Any Proposal contained in this e-mail is provided by McGraw Communications solely for your review.  This proposal is confidential and is the property of McGraw Communications and shall not be copied or otherwise disseminated without the express written consent of McGraw Communications