[collectd] Patch : contrib/redhat/collectd.spec

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 3 14:40:49 CET 2013

Hello Bruno,

Excerpts from Bruno Mairlot's message of 2013-01-02 15:29:23 +0100:

> You'll find bellow a patch to apply on the collectd.spec file of the
> original archive 5.2.0
>
> I have worked on a new .spec file to allow for building RPMs for
> CentOS/RHEL, it should probably work on Fedora too, although I haven't
> tested (yet).
>
> I tried to build it with as much plugin possible, but I limited them to
> those that could be built with the standard package from RedHat-Base (=
> CentOS-Base) in order to keep it the most lightweight possible. It could
> eventually be adjusted to allow for more flexibility or create multiple
> subpackage with the specific plugin but I don't know enough about the
> the plugins hierarchy to do that right now.

There has been a common effort going forward for a couple of weeks about
this RPM specfile: https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/220

AFAICT everything you included in your patch is already part of this
pull-request. I warmly invite you to join the effort, test this specfile on
your platform/environment and give feedback if it doesn't match your needs.

Cheers,
Marc