[collectd] Collectd custom RoutingKey

Bhat, Mahesh mabhat at ea.com
Thu Feb 28 14:04:46 CET 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to make use of the collectd amqp plugin. I have a question related to custom defined "RoutingKey" in the collectd amqp plugin.

If no routing key is mentioned then the message gets to the AMQP broker with a key that looks like - "collectd.<5-field-indentifier>". So, this enables the use of binding patterns like "collectd.*.cpu.#" (as given in the wiki). I was looking to make use of a custom "RoutingKey" in the collectd config. If this is done, the messages that get to the AMQP broker contain just the custom key and is devoid of the identifier elements. So, this takes away the ability to use specific metric based binding patterns. Is there a way of telling collectd to use the custom "RoutingKey" alongwith the identifier fields ?

Thanx !
Mahesh Bhat | Systems Engineer, Monitoring | mabhat at ea.com | Direct: +91 04030730305
Global IT - Enabling EA to Win through Collaboration, Information & Technology