[collectd] collectd write mysql plugin

Cyril Feraudet collectd at feraudet.com
Mon Feb 25 17:55:49 CET 2013

Hi,

Yves talk about more than 15000 values/s (I worked in the same
compagny) for more than 5000 servers.

MySQL table was in memory.

Regards,

Cyril

Le 2013-02-25 17:00, Bastian Ballmann a écrit :

Hi,

> I've got a setup where one collectd server reads 573 values per
second.
> By a lot of servers you talk about collectd servers or servers
that a
> collectd monitors?
> And how many servers are too much?

Greets

> Basti
>
> Am 25.02.2013 16:47, schrieb Yves Mettier:

Hello, I have worked with this plugin (maybe not in last version). Yes,
it works well, but with not so many servers. And we added servers and
servers and more servers to monitor. And it became too slow. So I wrote
the plugin jsonrpc to ask data directly to collectd, not to the
database. About jsonrpc, check Pull Request #154. So here is one reason
not using it if you have a lot of servers. I have no other reason using
it or not. Regards, Yves Le 2013-02-25 16:19, Bastian Ballmann a écrit :

>>> Hi all, why is the write_mysql plugin that can be found in
branch https://github.com/octo/collectd/tree/cf/mysql [1] not in the
master branch? Except that the sql file to create the database is not in
sync with the source code (i updated it see attached file) the plugin
seems to work perfectly. Any reason for not using it / merging it
officially into the master branch? Thanks && have a nice day Basti
[2]

Cyril Feraudet
http://perfwatcher.org/

Links: