[collectd] Collectd timeinterval datarecording in RRDTool

Lindsay Holmwood lindsay at holmwood.id.au
Wed Feb 6 11:27:34 CET 2013

Hi Frederic!

On 6 February 2013 19:39, Frederic Daguenet <daguenet at skygate.de> wrote:

> But i wish a datarecord with this format:
>
> - first 3 days with a resolution of 1 minute
> - the next 7 days with a resolution of 5 minutes
> - 1 hour for the following 30 days
> - the rest with a resolution of 1 day
>
> With this values i can zoom an graph in cacti after two days and saw
> ist with 1 minute resolution.
>
> How can i change this? Can someone help me?

You're looking for the RRARows + RRATimespan options in collectd's
rrdtool plugin:

  http://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#plugin_rrdtool

To better understand the terminology, have a look at the RRD beginners guide:

  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rrd-beginners.en.html

Once you grok that, you can adapt this example config:

<Plugin rrdtool>
  DataDir "/var/lib/collectd"
  CacheTimeout 120
  CacheFlush 900