[collectd] Java API for collectd

Dan Fandrich dan at coneharvesters.com
Tue Aug 6 21:03:02 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 03:44:18PM +0100, Hasna SABAH wrote:
> Thank you very much, I've been trying to install from source but it is still
> not working. I found in the README file what I need to do (I checked my java
> home, i've already installed jdk and eclipse and I can compile java programs) :
>
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0
> then
> ./configure --with-java=$JAVA_HOME
>
> but I still obtain this error message
> java  . . . . . . . . no (dependency error)

The config.log file will give you some hints as to what dependencies
configure is looking for. Chances are, you probably have to install a Java
development package, probably something like java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel.

> When I looked for the dependencies in java plugin webpage, I found this :  Java
> Native Interface (JNI) / libjvm
> ruuning find gave me these two results :
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so
> (they have different sizes)
>
> but even If I change  the export to the new path, I still have the same error
> when I run configure.
>
> Am I missing something ?

Developing against a library generally requires the library as well as the
header files. You might have the library without the header files. config.log
will say what's missing.

>>> Dan