[collectd] Version 5.3.0 is available.
octo at collectd.org
Fri Apr 12 08:57:37 CEST 2013
as promised earlier this week, I have packaged and uploaded version 5.3.0. This
feature release includes a couple of new features, most importantly the eagerly
awaited "write_riemann" plugin, which allows you to send data to Riemann, an
open-source stream aggregation and monitoring system.
The NetApp plugin can now report a bunch of new metrics. Support for POST
requests has been added to the cURL* plugins, which allows to send SOAP
requests, for example. A thread-pool for write threads and the new
"CreateFilesAsync" option in the RRDtool and RRDCacheD plugins improves
throughput on large scale servers. Other changes are listed in the ChangeLog
This release marks the "end of live" of the 5.1 branch. New bugfixes will be
applied to 5.2 and 5.3.
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this version. In particular:
* Dan Fandrich
* Daniel Hilst
* Greg Mason
* Johan Wirén
* Kris Nielander
* Marc Fournier
* Pierre-Yves Ritschard
* Ruben Kerkhof
* Sebastian Harl
* Yves Mettier
2013-04-09, Version 5.3.0
* collectd: The "Include" statements can now be limited to include
only matching files in a directory. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his
* collectd: Dispatches / writes are now handled by a thread pool. This
improves reliability and throughput for instances configured to act
as a "server". Thanks to Sebastian Harl and Dan Fandrich for
reviewing this change and fixing bugs.
* aggregation plugin: Selection of value lists is now possible using
regular expressions. Parts of the identifier of the resulting metric
can now be set via the configuration file.
* apcups plugin: The "ReportSeconds" option has been implemented.
* curl* plugins: Support for POST requests and custom request headers
has been added. Thanks to Dan Fandrich for his patch.
* curl_xml plugin: Support for XML namespaces has been added. Thanks
to Dan Fandrich for his patch.
* dbi plugin: Support for numeric options has been added. The
"Host" option has been added. Thanks to Daniel Hilst for his patch.
* disk plugin: Support for systems with >256 has been fixed. Thanks to
Greg Mason for his patch.
* libvirt plugin: Support for memory allocation has been added. Thanks
to Johan Wirén for his patch.
* netapp plugin: Support for "SnapVault", "VFiler" and deduplication /
compression and quota metrics. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his
patches and teamix GmbH for sponsoring this work.
* postgresql plugin: The reconnection logic has been improved. Thanks
to Sebastian Harl for his patches.
* rrdtool, rrdcached plugins: The "CreateFilesAsync" option has been
implemented. When enabled, new RRD files will be created
asynchronously, which improved throughput of "server" instances.
Many thanks to Yves Mettier for all his input and code.
* tail_csv plugin: This new plugins allows to read metrics from CSV
files, such as Snort's statistics file. Thanks to Kris Nielander for
* write_mongodb plugin: Authentication options have been added.
* write_riemann plugin: This new plugin allows sending metrics to
Riemann, a stream processing and alerting tool. Big thanks to
Pierre-Yves Ritschard for his work.
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd