[collectd] [Bug Report] Two Ethstat Plugin Issues

Mark T. Voelker mvoelker at cisco.com
Fri Sep 21 16:01:39 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've recently been working on deploying collectd 5.1.0 in a CentOS 6.2
environment and have run into some issues with the ethstat plugin.
There are two issues:

1.)  ethstat plugin crashes collectd-5.1.0

In a nutshell, collectd crashes with an invalid pointer exception when
the ethstat plugin is building a list of interfaces to monitor from it's
config file.  I've noted a possible fix as well.  Details here:

https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/133

2.)  ethstat plugin in 5.1.0 segfaults when Map used without TypeInstance

Collectd segfaults when the ethstat configuration includes a "Map" line
with a Name and Type but not a TypeInstance.  The TypeInstance is
optional according to the collectd.conf manpage and should default to
the Name.  I don't have a suggested fix for this, but do have a
workaround (simply add a TypeInterface in the config).  More details here:

https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/135

At Your Service,

--
Mark T. Voelker