[collectd] collectd 5.1.0 - "ASN type" error via snmp plugin

Gerry Demaret ml at x-net.be
Wed Oct 31 14:31:00 CET 2012

On 31/10/12 07:40, ryanL wrote:
> i've seen discussion on this in the archive, particularly well
> documented by Mark (gajillion), but haven't seen a subsequent solution.
> hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> the error:
>
> collectd[12476]: snmp plugin: I don't know the ASN type #130

Hi Ryan,

I experienced the same problem as the one you describe when polling the
temperature for Juniper EX4200 switches. The only way I got it to work
was to patch the snmp.c file. I found the patch somewhere but can't
remember where.

Attached you'll find the diff between the Debian testing package source.

Hope it helps!

Gerry