[collectd] Modbus plugin seems to read garbage values

Fabien Wernli collectd at faxm0dem.org
Sat Oct 13 11:06:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 05:30:32PM +0200, Gerry Demaret wrote:
> I've been playing with the modbus plugin to read the values from a
> Schneider Electric PowerLogic EGX100. I'm using Debian testing which
> has collectd 5.1.

Are you sure the device is sending correct values? We've got an EGX400, and
it's been a real PITA ever since we've comissioned it. We ended up writing
our own plugin retrieving the data via ftp/http from the box. Then again,
I've never used "float" type for registers, but I guess you've already
played with that, as the EGX100 user guide seems rather sparse on this
matter.

Anyway, if it's just a matter of linear transformation, you could use the
"scale" target plugin.
Your config looks fine to me -

Cheers