[collectd] Generic Plugins howto organize for easy graph

Poil poil at quake.fr
Thu Nov 29 21:01:54 CET 2012

Hi,

In normal time when I want to graph RRD files from collectd, I group
them by P(-PI)/T
But when I use GenericJMX tail, Python, Perl, Exec, Curl*, DBI, Java ...
I collectd different data with a same type (gauge, counter ...), but I
don't want to group it into a graph because in real they aren't a same Type.

For the moment I simulate P(-PI)/T(-ST)(-TI) by using the TypeInstance
Prefix option from GenericJMX or I simulate this in scripts when I use
the python or perl plugins

And you how are you doing ? Is there a better way ?

Best regards,